The Mortified Guide
A six-episode comedic docuseries that looks at the biggest issues of adolescence– from first loves to fitting in to dealing with your neurotic family– as adults share their childhood writings and art in front of total strangers. Each hourlong episode tackles one childhood theme and explores that theme from a variety of adolescent experiences– from the hilarious to the heartbreaking.
Now streaming on Netflix, the series features footage of Mortified stage shows, animated shorts, documentary segments, special guests and other surprises. An official selection of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival, this uniquely candid series celebrates the awkward insecurities that shaped us all. Also available for purchase on Amazon.
PRAISE FOR THE SERIES
- “Spectacular… real and touching” –The Hollywood Reporter
- “Soul-affirming… so wonderful… you will laugh so loud and hard and often.” –Paste Magazine
- “Offbeat… refreshing” -The Week
- “Celebrates humanity’s innate weirdness in an earnest, hilarious manner.” –Decider
- “Great!” –TV Party Podcast
- Named 1 of “15 Best Documentaries on Netflix” –Buzzfeed
After 15 years, The Mortified Guide marks the 1st time that our stage show can be seen in an episodic series. Yes, now your cousin in Marquette can finally experience what you’ve been telling them about. From the team behind Mortified Nation. Directed by Mike Mayer.
Find Mortified Guide GIFs like these (and more) via Giphy.